Thursday, October 27, 2011

I've narrowed it down to under 10 programmers

So because I'm outsourcing programming, as a last ditch effort I put up a CL posting, and some of the responses I got were just as good the outsourced ones, and maybe even better.  I now have:


-3 interviews to give to local people in Toronto
-3-4 ish interviews to give to people located in Russia, Germany, India and potentially Serbia
-Some serious decisions to make

I remember hiring the artist was also this tough, I got a lot, a lot of response, but picking the programmer is much harder at this point, since I won't be able to ask for test results besides what's in their portfolio.  Artists can do mock-up sketches, but even if I ask someone to code something for me, that doesn't tell me if they're a good fit for my team.

To-do tomorrow:

-Spec screens (dreading these)
-finish storyboards (almost done for the half of the demo I want to release)
-send e-mails to set-up interviews and quotes (dreading this b/c it's end of day FOR SURE)
-Nap (I seriously need it.)


Done Today:

-E-mailed about 40 e-mails to programmers
-E-mailed artist 3 times today, sometimes with contradicting instructions
-Then harassed her on Gchat (that clearly helped my credibility...)
-Slept (Was feeling sick...)

No comments:

Post a Comment