Wednesday, October 26, 2011

Hiring a Programmer

So far, I'm stuck between one or two choices across seas and a local Toronto developer.

I'm tempted to go with the Toronto developer, but I haven't even discussed a budget with him yet, nor much of the game specs.

However, the other developer are so starved for work or scrappy for it that I may go with one of them.  (Serbians and Indian developers are in a close race for a small amount of $.)

Today's tasks to be done:

  • Review the applications of foreign programmers
  • Write out a full game spec sheet
  • Make a mock-up with lines and explanations
  • Draft Kickstarter/Indiegogo stuff (haven't decided which I'll go with yet...probably Kickstarter for better American visibility

On the bright side, the devs that have responded to me have been positive that the system I've described won't be hard to code.  Which is good, and fits with the initial questions I asked dev friends (who are too busy to work for low pay.)

No comments:

Post a Comment