Thursday, January 5, 2012

Playtesting

A friend and I will be play-testing the game this weekend.

I also got a good view of what choose-your-own-adventure games often do wrong by playing a copy of 'The Flower Shop' (Which I can't believe the author charged $9.99!) by seeing that the lower the amount of interaction, the less players enjoy a game.  If you're going to make a choose your own adventure game...it needs to ooze style.  Pretty much every iPhone game I've played has lacked substance.  Mage Gauntlet is pretty alright, but it's still not my kind of game.  I want a game that makes me think I'm ok with making one kind of choice/another kind of choice, but that makes me feel like no matter what choice I choose I'll get a good story, but potentially a bad ending....or at least that I want to play through the rest of the story so that I know everything that's going on.

Well, that's the kind of game I currently seem to be making, anyways.


Cause of Death for iPhone (by EA, no less) and Touch Detective up next.

Storyboards continue....wow I need more time for this stuff.....

No comments:

Post a Comment