Thursday, October 9, 2014

MS Word now tells you how long you've worked on a document

I've spent 10,000 minutes with this story path document open.

...

That's around 7 days.

That's a long time! 

I have found that part of the problem with the story is that it's grown too big.  I'm trying to capture large 'legs' of the journey of the game in one document.  I have now decided to parcel out the game into smaller documents after reading a short post about Garth Nix and how he revises and edits.

I'm hoping this will speed up the writing process, since I spend a copious amount of time scrolling through documents looking for certain items.

I tried out Scrivener again, but I still don't like the format, and it still doesn't work quite right for what I am making.

No comments:

Post a Comment