Monday, November 7, 2011

Well now I'm really annoyed

So I've narrowed down my choice of developers, and the one I'm most interested in e-mails me to tell me he's been busy working on his own games, which is why he hasn't responded to my request for a phone interview.

Er, really?  I'm going to pay you and you can't even answer one simple email with a yes/no answer?  I understand busy like anyone, but I'm all about lining up the next sale.  I'm kinda wondering what this guy's deal is.

So I'm moving on, a couple more interviews, and I think I'll have someone by next week. 

A friend referred a really great coding guy, but he says he doesn't have the time nor the iOS skill to do the job, although he said he'd pass along the opportunity.  So, I almost had the perfect programmer (I met him once, he's as nice as programmers get.) and lost it all in the same week.

Deadline for programmer is Nov. 15.  I don't think I'll be using e-mail-me-sometimes-guy because I already have one of those on staff.  They're fun, and they get the work done eventually, but I have a guy e-mailing me that really wants to do and follows up with me, and compare that to someone I have to send three e-mails to get a response, which twice has been 'um, sure, sounds good, let's talk later.'  Who does that?  Does anyone understand people like this? 

No comments:

Post a Comment